…but you cannot control your weight. Do you disagree with that statement? Ok, go stand on a scale and decide to lose 5 pounds.
Well, how’d that work out for you? Did your weight drop on your command, or did it not budge?
Nope, it didn’t budge.
And yet you spend your precious time obsessing about your weight as if you could magically control it.
The good news is that you have complete control over a couple of important things that influence your weight.
I’m talking about your choices regarding what you eat and when you exercise.
Thing about this…your current weight is the sum result of your choices with eating and exercise.
Take a minute to think back over the last three years of your life. What types of foods did you eat most often? How intensely did you exercise, for how long and how often?
Now look at yourself in a full-length mirror. You are looking directly at the result of your past choices.
If you are pleased with what you see then keep on eating and exercising the way you have been. It’s working for you!
If you’re not satisfied with what you see, then it’s time to start making different choices about food and exercise. Here are some suggestions:
Choices about food…
- Choose to eat wholesome foods that nourish my body.
- Choose to only eat when I’m hungry and to stop eating when I’m full.
- Choose to not eat junk food, sugary drinks or sweets.
- Choose to eat a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables every day.
Choices about exercise…
- Choose to get up early in the morning, when I could be sleeping, to invest 30 minutes of my time in exercise.
- Choose to be consistent with my workout schedule, giving exercise the same importance as a doctor’s appointment.
- Choose to change my workout routine often, to always keep my muscles guessing.
- Choose to push myself to new levels of intensity, in order to strengthen and tone my muscles.
Don’t spend another minute obsessing about the number on your scale. You are way smarter than that.
Focus your energy on the choices you make regarding what you eat and how you exercise. If you don’t know where to begin then please reach out to me, I’m here for you.
Call or email today and I’ll help get you started on a fitness program that will quickly transform what you see in that mirror.
Committed to your success,
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are 3 ways I can help you get happier and healthier:
1. Come in for a Custom Fitness Consultation.
We’ll sit down together and discuss your goals, simple steps you can take to achieve them and see if there is a way to work together to give you the coaching and support you need to get the results you want quickly.
If you’d like to discuss meeting for a Consultation, click on the link below and put ‘Consult’ in the subject line and I’ll follow up with you.
2. I have FREE Open Office Hours during the week where you can call in and speak to me about your goals.
The call is just 15 minutes out of your week, but the insights you’ll discover could impact you for a lifetime! To schedule your FREE phone consultation, click on the link below and put ‘Call’ in the subject line.
3. Be my guest for a free training session.
If you’d like to come in to attend a ‘Bring a Friend’ training session as my guest…just click on the link below and put “Guest” in the subject line, and I’ll get you all the details!